Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Pilaris said:
Anyone have any experience with a DG can on the XC?
Garbage. Stick with stock or if you actually want a real power increase run a set of twin pipes.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
SLP single pipe and can is the best BANG for the buck,twins make more power up top but lose a bit of torque on the bottom end and take a more experience tuner to get everything out of them, DG = DUMB & GOOFY, the only aftermarket silencer I have ever run with the stock pipe is a SLP, same sound level as the stock can but a nicer tone,as for all the other racket makers out there you can just throw them in the trash.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
i agree, i run a slp can on my rmk, just about the same dbl but a cleaner sound and a bunch less weight.

DG is cheap and chintzy kind of like rumble packs...

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Agreed. SLP products IMO are usually well engineered. I like the fact that their pipes are some of the quietest yet actually make real power.

·
Registered
112 Posts
View attachment 2010324151638812_20315.mpg

Here is the sound for my idling xc700 with an MBRP race can and stock pipe. Its loud when you wrench on the throttle but idling through towns and at low speeds its not too bad, but definately louder than stock.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
My friend has one on his 95 rxl. Loud! Sounds so nice! Louder than mbrp and snostuff. But I know someone with a 98 xc 700 and he had a dg can and didn't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpV-Jw5N0Hw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 10 of 10 Posts