Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a yamha warrior and i was wondering if a dg xccelerator stage 2 would be the best pipe to buy for it for the price range (200 and bellow) any segestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
i would go white brothers. dont get a dg some dgs u will acually loose top end. everyone i know that has bought one has not liked it.a pro circuit T4 is a good pipe to but loud. big gun pipes are good to.sparks pipes are good probly the best but expensive.i think for the money and performance i would go with white brothers good gains and around $200.00 for the slip on its adjustable for sound and power.[8D]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I think you need to ask yourself first, 'where do I want to see the biggest perforamance gain'.

Do you want this thing to be a stump puller, a high end screamer. Hard to have it both ways with just a pipe.

My experiences have been that different pipes will give you a greater performance gain at one end of the sprectrum, while giving you little, none, or sometimes decreased performance at the other.

Many manufactures make two of more of the same pipe, but one will be the torque model, and the other a mid-range to top end model.

Myself (dirtbike), I re-geared, re-jetted, and opened up the air-box for better low-end. I then added a pipe (Cobra) designed for increased mid-range to top-end. My 'seat-of-the-pants-dyno' told me I had a modest increase all the way up to redline.

If somebody suggests a pipe, I would try to find out in what area of the power-band the pipe is most effective at and then see if that matches up to what you want out of the pipe.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
thats why a difuser disc system is good on quads like white brothers e series more discs= more top end less discs= more bottom end its totally adjustable. the fmf megamax is the same way. and supertrapp as well. just to name a few u get the best of both worlds for the price of one[:D]

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I had a FMF on my quad but that was 2 stroke, I liked it.. does anybuddy know if a aftermarket pipe will give you a noticable hp increase on a utility quad "01 yamaha kodiak 400" Is it worth the money?? Or just for looks..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i ordered an hmf not fmf specs say +2 hp all around and 5 lbs of tourque at 3000 so it seems to be what im looking for thanks for all ur input

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
u made a good choice hmf is a pretty good pipe from what i have heard LOUD tho [:D]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
rmk king Yes i think u should see an improvement over stock if u jet the carb right.HP gains are minimal.but where i really noticed the big difference with a aftermarket pipe is in the throttle response it is night and day verses stock.midrange is way better then stock [:D] usually pipes really wake up a yamaha 4 stroker at least on the raptor it does [8D]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
lars, i'm with ya, i did a lot of research on pipes when i bought one for my predator, i went with the white bros. pipe with the discs and it is awesome. huge torque gains throughout the powerband. it has an amazing sound as well, loud and throaty, great pipe for the money[;)]

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
yep just an all around awesome pipe the white brothers is very tunable for sound and speed [:D] and its a proven winner time and time again [8D]

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got my hmf pipe and put it on its un real a low tone rumble at iddle the u punch it and it sounds awsome nice and loud lots of power too thanks for ur help

·
Registered
352 Posts
hey loud isnt always bad :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts