Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my second sled of the year. Just wondering how everyone would rate the deal. It's a 2006 Yamaha apex with 192 Woody's studs, and a Bender exhaust kit. I paid $6800. The sled has 1300 miles on it. I took it out on the lake this morning and wow it's scary fast! So far, I'm liking it a lot. The one big disadvantage is the access to the engine. There is virtually no possibilities of any on-site repairs other than a belt change. Anything else, tow it in and work on it in the garage. Hopefully with the reliability and technology of the engine, I will not have any repairs to do! If there are any other apex owners out there, feel free to write in any tips or hints. I'd like to hear them! [attachment=57180][attachment=57181]

Attachments

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sounds like a nice deal. I know you will like it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm not up on yamaha values but i think it was a good deal and is a sweet looking sled.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
First 4 stroke?

From what I hear there shouldn't be any reason for any onsite repairs. These engines are rock solid.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well, with the prices on sleds so far this year, I don't think it's a steal, but it ain't half bad.

·
Registered
901 Posts
around here that would be one hell of a steal nice looking sled.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just took it out on the lake the other day and wow - I finally realized what was under the hood... CHUCK NORRIS

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thats a sweet sled. If polaris, ski-doo and artic cat stopped making sleds Thats what I would have. Its not that i dislike fourstrokes I just like two strokes alot. Its always fun to go ride a sled for the first time. Have fun and stay safe.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think you got a great price there over 10000 new around here.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great deal, I may be trading my Viper for one next year. I hope they come with a taller windshield. Could be a cold ride at -30.

·
Registered
548 Posts
thats a awesome deal good buy and sweet sled

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think it is a pretty good deal. I just saw in my area you can buy an 06 leftover, brand new for 7224 US dollars. But with the extras I think you did a good job. That is one great looking sled. I have a buddy who bought one last year and paid 10k.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
do they drop that much in value in 1 year?or are people that desperate to get rid of them?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The four stroke theoretically depreciates much less than the regular two stroke, as it's expected that one of these genesis engines should get around 20,000 miles at least. Thus, the sleds are capable of lasting much longer. However, I don't think sledders are used to this yet, so most 2006 apex's I've seen are not selling for over $7500. Combine this with a few people out there needing to sell their sled, and you got a smokin good deal.

Originally posted by pooxcsp500
[br]do they drop that much in value in 1 year?or are people that desperate to get rid of them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts