Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i went and got my new car yesterday. Its a 1993 ford t-bird. the car used to be red but it got super sun faded so its kind of pink now. nothing a little spray paint wont fix haha.
the good:
New tires
desent interior
strong motor.
The bad:
the drivers window dosent move
the front bumper is held on with bailing wire
the passenger door controls are in the tunk
it needs a bat.
the sway arn link is bad
its pink

the best part about it tho is i got it for free! it will cost me less than $150 before i can drive it. the most expensive thing that it needs is a bat. everything else i can get cheap at U Pull R. Parts.

what you guys think? good deal? I will throw up some picsa in a little bit.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Anything for free is a good deal. Does it have a ladder rack?[;)]

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Nice find, cannot complain about cheap. Isnt that the normal color for those years? There are quite a few of those around here with that exact color and they arent sun faded.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh well i was told it was sun faded. if you look on the inside of the trunk its red so who knows. i was told the red/pink...(whatever it is) was a custom order on them.
Im just going to end up spray painting it black.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Ladder rack????? If I remember right Stormy couldn't get his sled out of town (Vermillion) with out his parents trailering it for him. What he needs is a receiver for the trailer.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to use the car for part of the summer to get to work then pick up a truck so i can haul around my toys.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
What the hell was done to that carpet???? Other than that, good find.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
Ladder rack????? If I remember right Stormy couldn't get his sled out of town (Vermillion) with out his parents trailering it for him. What he needs is a receiver for the trailer.
You mean the tiny town of Vermillion south on HWY 52 that has snowmobile trails all around it to ride out of town??? xD

·
Registered
567 Posts
nice find man i need to post up pics of my new truck

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ski-dooer12 said:
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
You mean the tiny town of Vermillion south on HWY 52 that has snowmobile trails all around it to ride out of town??? xD
Vermillion..like in Lake Vermillion north of Virginia..Hwy 169 (Tower,MN)or Hwy 53.(Cook,MN)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
ultrawillie said:
sledneck1978 said:
[/quotw] aw hell...he can just throw a ball through the bumper and call er' good. Ladder rack = selling roofs= buying new truck that comes with a tow package[thumb]

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the carpet needs to be shampooed. i think it got water inside it at one point because it looks like rust stains.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If it looks like rust don't pull the carpet back...you may discover that you have the Flintstone mobile. ...just funning ya!!Hahahhaha

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaha yabba dabba dooooooooooO!!! haha the floors are very solid.
I did some work on it today, took the passenger door controls out of the trunk and reinstaled them. now my passengers can get out and roll down the window. next thing is to get the drivers window back on its track so that it can go up and down. once thats all done then i have to go to the junkyard and get my swaybar link and i can go drive.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
If that has the 3.8liter v6 engine, I seem to remember something about them blowing head gaskets..

Keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah it has a 3.6 v6 in her. dont be sayin that that will just give me bad luck.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Baah, they're cheap, and not very difficult to replace.

Keep an eye on the coolant. If it starts disappearing, look at the head gaskets.

When one goes do them both, because the other is usually not bar behind. And it's easier to just do the manifold and all the emissions crap and wiring on the top end, once.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yah i just got done doing a subaru. pain in the a$$ to do it on the flatblock. and what is your definition of cheap? the head gaskets for the subaru where $500 thats more than my t-bird is worth.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had a '89 and a '97 T bird. The '89 had the supercharged 3.8, had 231k miles on it before I finally decided to let her go. Yup, blew a headgasket. The '97 had 98k miles on it when I bought it, drove it til about 160k, then the headgasket went on that, was putting oil in the coolant. I loved both of those cars, great drivers, and I got pretty good mileage. The '97 had the 4.6 and I got 26mpg on the highway. Good cars if you can keep them from rusting out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts