Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, about a month ago I bought a 1996 polaris 440 fan motor off a guy so I could take the stator off of it and use it on my sled. The motor is complete with carbs clutch and all and gets spark. He also gave me the chassis, exaust, cracked cowl, and guages with it. If I decide to put the engine in my sled it seams that it will fire up. O yah the motor also has around 3,500 miles on it. I paid $300 for it. My question is, did I overpay?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don't think that you overpayed at all. Sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, that makes me feel better because I don't really know what part sleds really go for. This sled didn't come with the track, rear suspension and that stuff though.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think thats a good deal.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
You stole it quit your crying LOL J/K.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I though it was the other way around (he was ripping me off). Honestly I had no idea what they went for.
thanks for the replies

·
Registered
901 Posts
that is a really good deal

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what I am planing on doing. I want to start with the chassis and build a snowcross style sled out of it. I want to use the 440 motor I got from it for parts for my other polaris 440 and mabey drop a high output motor of some kind in the one I want to build. I also want to put a new jacked up track in the back. I can definately work with it and turn it into something nice.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
got a great deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts