Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy from work brought his 3 Polaris's over and we raced them. all are 02's I believe. there was a xcsp 600 a 600 rmk 136 and a 144 rmk 700. That 700 just raped everything. But i lost every race with my 99 powder special 600. I thought I mights have had a chance against the xcsp but it wasn't even close. We raced about a 1/4 mile in 5 or so inches of firmer snow. My sled would only do 75 tops. I think I need to do some gear work. I was taching between 8 and 8500. I am a arctic cat guy but damm those polaris were hard runners. Oh ya the 700 had slp intake and a mbrp can. the 600 rmk has a ruble pack. the xcsp is stock. And mine has a black tragic clutch kit and a ruble pack. and some obviously worthless gear work lol

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have to give you credit for posting results even if you didn't win. All to often we see posts which are, shall we say questionable.
[:)]

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
75mph doesn't really surprise me for that sled. I have my ZR 'mild modded' and with the 1.6" paddle, I still only top at 80-85mph. Yes, yours is probably geared slightly lower since it's a mountain sled, but that'll only lower the difference some. Like I said, no surprise...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
75 dont suprize me either its a older mountain sled.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I race everychance i get, i dont care if i win or loose its just plain good ol fun! yeah its a older mountain sled so iam not surprised it only pulls 75, i dont know if mine pulls more then 80-85 could care less i like botom end!

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Originally posted by proxJ
[br]I race everychance i get, i dont care if i win or loose its just lain good ol fun!
Same here, I would put my sled up next to a T-Cat 1000 if I got the chance even tho I know id get slaughtered. Im not to suprised your powder got beat either, my neighbor has the exact same sled with a pipe and chip and my 01 ves 600 will eat it. Cat didnt seem to have the fastest 600s in those years.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
75 on as good day i do that oin my 89 485 fan phazer. what can you do, well make it faster that is a good reason right ther. have fun

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i dont really care much. O well next year my new crossfire 8 or m8 will hopefully take him. Maybe Ill find a carryover m7. All i know is its goin up the road next winter. Thats the first time I ever went for speed on that sled too. Mostly its 40mph or less that i ride. Im not a real speed junkie. The thing I dont get is my old 98 zr 600 would beat my cousin by three sleds. Now He whoops me and keeps pulling. Can that little longer of track make that much diff? The 98 had the same depth track so the only diff is the extra 15inchs.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I got my 2001 ZL 500 to do 98 once no lie. On the ice with very hard pack/windblown snow. I was only about 145 pounds, and it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit out. I have never taken it to the bar since then on a lake so I dont know how fast it will go know that I am 157 pounds. I know I am going to take [email protected]# for this one but I swear on my sled that I did it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ya dropping a tooth on top and adding on the bottom could play a big role in top end. Just wondering...where did you get your sprockets? I want to do the opposite of you for my sno pro, I'm thinking just adding a tooth on top to lower the rpms just a tad.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the sprockets from the dealership. And yes I was racing rmks. I knew i was gonna loss to the 700 but i thought i had a chance agains the 600 rmk. Its the same as my sled only a few years newer.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I raced my dads xcsp500 against our old ultra and i beat him.his 96 studs gave him a good take off but once i hit the powerband and got some traction i ate him up.he did annialate my indy 500 in a race though.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
75-98 miles an hour in all thse posts? man thats fast enough i think what is 75 miles in km speak? all i know is that is nuts

·
Registered
295 Posts
just a question,you mentioned the tach was between 8 and 85. just like to know, did it seem as thow the rpm's where searching. i.e.,would the tach kinda like bounce between 8 and 85 and sometimes in between.hold for a tad then go to a different rpm.
searching for rpm?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
75 is only like in the 120's maybe 130 in km's my 99 mtn max 600 would be able to do 130km on trails. this is was in prime tempature conditions and at low elevation. the sled had 141x1.5 track, boost bottle, power inc pipes with stingers, shims for hihg rpm engagement, fairly new motor,and running premuim fuel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts