Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1975 Sno Jet 440cc it has a hole for a starter but no teeth on the flywheel . wondering if there was starter for it. Also if they did does anybody have one plus flywheel. I'm getting to dam old for pulling on this.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think they were using Yamaha motors by then. I would check and see if any will interchange, it might be esier to find one for a yamaha than a sno-jet. I had a 73 440 with the twin 440 in it. It was a fast sled for the year, just couldn't keep the half moon keys in the crank and clutch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this one is fast and can pick up the skis whan you hit it. It starts good most of the time but can be a bear when it don't. Forget what the compression was when I checked it but it was up good. IF I found a starter for it I would need a flywheel too.
Thanks
Mike aka pathfinderz2

vwghiarob said:
I think they were using Yamaha motors by then. I would check and see if any will interchange, it might be esier to find one for a yamaha than a sno-jet. I had a 73 440 with the twin 440 in it. It was a fast sled for the year, just couldn't keep the half moon keys in the crank and clutch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see anything on the motor to tell me what brand it is. Will look it over again and see if I can find anything. It has a stamp saying what cc it is.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

vwghiarob said:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts