Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I nead help my 1995 xcr 600 was over heating and it is dieing like running out of fuel it will idle for ever but as soon as you try to ride it it will start to go then die out will start back up abd idle but wont go if i can get it full throtle it gose for few feet then will die out good spark plugs look like burning right wtf do i do help

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found my oil line leaking and dry cracked intake boots but still working on would that cause that? im going throught the crabs friday

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well yes with the oil line leaking you won't get oil to lube the pistons so it won't want to go and then with cracked Carb boots it would be sucking air someone can correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
378 Posts
That is true. I would make sure that the oil line is right also take your carbs off and clean the inlet needles and seats. Make sure that the floats are set to the right place as well. Also take a look in to the fuel pump and vacume line from the crank case to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
44 Posts
does it quit completely? only when it overheats? I have a 01 xc600 and when it overheats the temp sensor sends a signal to the computer and puts it into a limp mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts