Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my question. I was all set to purchase a mint condition(1300)miles 2001SXR700.. i found out today that it might be a 2000 model as it only has the one handwarmer switch and not the two.. I wont talk to the owner until he is home this week... He wanted $2300.00 for the sled... is there a big difference between these two model years? i understand the dual warmer switches and the dual headlight, but other then this, is it the same exact sled. The sled is beautiful, but now im scared with it being 1 year older....... but it is in mint condition, not a spot of rust or dirt on the thing, and runs brand new..very well kept...... im just wondering what the differences were in the two years

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2001 SXR 700, your right it is a 2000. There really isn't much difference between the two. Does it have reverse?
Did you buy it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2000 SRX. Without being too mechanically inclined, I can tell the diff between a 2000 and a 2001 by looking at the tunnel. On my 2000, it's blue, on 2001's and newer they are aluminum color. Speaking of which, I know there is a 2000 SRX service manual in pdf format circulating on the internet. Does anyone have a copy they could send me?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Wayne084 said:
I have a 2000 SRX. Without being too mechanically inclined, I can tell the diff between a 2000 and a 2001 by looking at the tunnel. On my 2000, it's blue, on 2001's and newer they are aluminum color. Speaking of which, I know there is a 2000 SRX service manual in pdf format circulating on the internet. Does anyone have a copy they could send me?
SXR and SRX are not the same thing.

There shouldnt really be any major differences between the two other than the handwarms, headlight, and some decals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
srx_600 said:
Wayne084 said:
SXR and SRX are not the same thing.

There shouldnt really be any major differences between the two other than the handwarms, headlight, and some decals.
Yah, I know, sorry, I read it wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts