Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a couple of 102-C clutches for my Jag and Pantera, with no real luck. I have stumbled over several 108-C clutches. Which is actually better for these sleds? What's the difference between them?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
The 108-c is a higher hp designed clutch. They are both decent clutches. If I was looking for a non oem clutch it would be either a 108 c or 108 exp.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll keep looking for a 102 C since the Jag is a 340 and the Pantera is a 500 not a lot of HP there compared to todays sleds.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
If you can get the 108 for less though, grab it. The difference will not be noticable in performance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i thought the only difference between the 102c and 108c is the cover? the 108c is rated for more hp but the clutches look identicle to each other except for the labeling on the clutch cover. the 108c is no longer available for purchasing from comet, i have not seen it for sale enywhere for some time now. the 108exp on the other hand is a completly different clutch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at a couple of 108 C's on E-bay right now. Haven't seen a 108 EXP yet.
How much difference in performance (102C or 108C) will I notice over the stock clutch?

·
Registered
539 Posts
did your cats have powerblock clutches on them stock?
if so, you will notice a large differenc in clutch reliability, running temps and performance. the comets run cooler, are far more tunable (polaris, cat internal components are usable in 102c/108c).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno!? I'm clutch iliterate! What is a powerblock clutch? Whatever was stock is what is on them.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
108c should work fine in place of the 102c, you just gotta run the right spring and weight combination for the application.
That it can handle higher horsepower, does'nt mean it "Has to Have" higher horsepower to work.
Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts