Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen for my set up some people use a almond/blue or a almond/gold but what makes the difference? I know one 150-290 and other 150-310. is the 290-310 for top end?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Almond/blue allows for more top end rpm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thought also. seen some people say at full throttle i should aiming for 7900-8000 rpm but i am at more like 8300 rpm i know that's to much for the motor how do i get that sweet spot.

My set up. Drive clutch 10-60 gram with almond/gold. Driven clutch r-11 with silver/blue. 21/41 Gearing. everything else stock.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
get some 10-62 weights. what hole is secondary spring in?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
My brother ran my 62's out of my 700 in his 01' 600.No. Changing hole would gain you more rpms...

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Is this tach calibrated??? Would hate to have you spend $100 on weights and not have it be able to pull them... my brother had a almond/blue. In heavy wet snow it was a tad low on rpm with the almond/blue and 62's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have almond/gold so that means spring is weaker right? and good friends with parts store so not to worry about trail and error. I don't if tach is calibrated.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Yes gold would spin less. Ok. Try it out then!! :)

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
higher the spring rate the higher the rpm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the sled for a rip this weekend with the new weight and love it. pulls hard right to 70 mph (i know speedometer are off but u get what i mean) and got it to about 80 at 8000 rpm fast enough for trails around here. From mid to high throttle pulls hard with not much track spin. All around really woke the sled up with the 10-62 weight.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The hole in the secondary clutch determines the preload on the helix spring. The stiffer the spring along with the spring located in the higher number hole (SLP Helix is numbered 1 through 5) will give you the fastest back shift which means that as soon as you back off the throttle the secondary will move the belt to a lower gear faster meaning the sheaves will close faster and the belt will move to the top of the secondary faster. I put a silver/blue spring in my Polaris secondary along with a SLP 40 50/34 black anodized Helix and the sled is so much more responsive now then it once was. It downshifts so fast that I have full power always available right away when I hit the throttle. With the stock soft Red secondary spring it felt mushy in comparison and would linger a bit before it would downshift meaning it would be a bit flat out of the curves no where near as responsive as it is now. Madcow recomended the new set up and I really like it. My sled feels like a totaly different sled now and it pulls so much harder when acelerating on the trails out of corners and when just speeding up on the trails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts