Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a bigger guy and thought I would just find a better rear shock for next season. Started me thinking, could I put in a new skid (ZR or ??) that would fit right in to give me a little better ride? Would/should I do anything with front shocks? How much of a riser would I be able to put in without new cables...and is there a way to take the seat up a bit higher?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Use springs for a Sno-Pro version as they are stiffer than even the big boy springs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OldCatRider said:
Use springs for a Sno-Pro version as they are stiffer than even the big boy springs.
Could I just swap the entire skid out for a sno-pro skid. If so, what years (and models/sizes)could I put in without having to modify?

Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
i'm 240 pounds, and i did a ZR suspension with big boy springs (from a 2 UP) and i use an ACT clicker shock in the rear, and the front skid shock is still the stock ZR shock which works fine in the skid. it takes me ALOT to bottom it out. BTW this is in a 1999 ZL 500, i put risers on it and stuff and it works, it isn't by any means a race sled or a ditch banger, but it will handle some medium size bumps and stuff without too much of an issue.

My dad has a 1999 ZL 600, which he mounted an M-10 Suspension in, and he loves it. i would look into that, they are VERY beefy and you can ride all day and hit all the bumps you want it will handle it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts