Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we went to DePere for my dads business, and kept trying to call the guy about the sled. He wouldn't answer so we weren't able to look at the sled. Maybe if he calls us back about it we may go take a look at it.
Sorry for the long story, but i found this http://wausau.craigslist.org/rvs/1972758787.html and its only about 10-20 minutes from me. Do you think its over priced at all? Ive read that these sleds only weigh 441 pounds is that true? any other information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well it would be an upgrade for sure. I don't think its priced bad. And you cpuld even offer less.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would stay away the sled they are none for the power values falling in the motor and wrecking the cylinders. The up date kit is almost a grand it isn't worth it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snowmobileguy said:
I would stay away the sled they are none for the power values falling in the motor and wrecking the cylinders.
I've heard about this happening but it doesn't seem to common. Does anyone know the horsepower of these sleds? Id imagine it would be somewhere around 95-100?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would agree with snowmobileguy about staying away from that sled. I had a 98 and it was a screamer but the power valves did fail wrecking the cylinders.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well looked at the sled today. The seat was coming apart at the seems, but he stitched them back together. About the power valves he said last year he was on a ride and he heard a clicking sound in the engine. So he thought it was the clutches. But guess what; power valves. He said he tried getting them from arctic cat but they wanted 600 dollars!!! He said he nos a guy that used to race theses sleds so he got the power valves, pistons, rings, etc. He also has the old pistons, more gaskets, old power valves, and another set of pistons. sled was kinda dirty but other than that looked nice. So what do you think should I go for it? How much should I talk him down?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts