Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, im looking at purchasing a cheap digital camera. Only thing i really want it for is to post pics on the net. I plan on taking mostly outdoor pics for helping out in "The Shop" forum among other things. I have been looking at a HP for about $99 and there was also a polaroid for around $80....what types of cameras do you all have and use? And for my intentions do you think i will be happy with either of these cheapo's? Any and all suggestions are welcome, just keep in mind, i want to keep this purchase cheap!!!!!

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have a Vivitar 2.1 Megapixel camera. It is the Vivicam 6035. Not on their site but a nice camera. Not great for action shots have to hold the button to get it to take shots. You have to time it right. It cost over $200 though so.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I use a Fugi FinePix1400Zoom. 1.3 Mega pixels. New but outdated. Takes good pics. Get one with a USB connection, I don't know how many come with them, probably most.

"Faster than a speeding ticket....and then some"

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
the ones he is looking at I am sure don't come with them. I am serious here GET A USB CONNECTION!!! My buddies camera takes like 20 minutes when full to upload the pictures. Mine takes maybe a couple minutes.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I have a Sony DSC-P20 Cyber-Shot, 1.3 Mega Pixels got clip motion, and MPEG EX. A real nice camera but I'am not sure the price cause it was a Christmas present!

"Ride It Like You Stole It"

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cameras i have been looking at do have USB ports....they all seem to have mostly the same options. 640x480 resolution, or whatever that is close to.....the brands are polaroid and HP i think...any prefrences in brands?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
If yo are gonna use them on the web, a 1 megapixel or less will work just fine with a res of 640 x 480 or maybe 800 x 600 will be large enough. Do you have a video camera? Have you thought about buying a card where you can import video from that into your computer and choose a frame out of the whole clip to use. This works good for jumps because you can pic out the best frame of it. The device is around $40. I plan on getting one.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
If you look at all the pics I have on the site, they were all grabbed from a video camera.

I used to have an ATI All in Wonder Pro vid card, and now I have a ASUS V8200 GeForce 3 card Deluxe, but the vid cap sucks on it, so I think I'm gonna buy an ATI TV Wonder card

if anyone is in the market for video stuff, go with the GeForce 3, it absolutly rocks, you will not believe the performance, but it's capture abilities are kinda bad, so go for the standard GeForce 3 and buy an ATI TV Wonder because ATI is really good at capture/TV stuff.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
P-man.....get that N-Vidia Personal Cinema I told you about....that would integrate much better with your card.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Oh and about the camera...I have used one of the less expensive HP camera's and they are quite nice. Kodak also makes very good inexpensive camera's.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
i got a FujiFilm finepix 1300 1.3 megapixels usb connection take a look at my web page with these new updated pic's taken today for a sample of qaulity
http://www.geocities.com/sledfreak2002/bobssleds.html

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the Sony DSC-P20 Cyber-Shot that AlaskaGold mentioned. It's a great little camera. I paid $189 at Wal-Mart. Only comes with a 4Mg memory stick though. I bought the 32meg stick too.

'02 550 SuperSport

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
my dad has got a Kodak DC 3400, real nice pictures,nice and clear and stuff, i find it easy to use, got the USB connection, takes a while to load, not long, got memory cards that hold quite a few pics, unless u have the highest resolutions. when we bought it it was aruund $400, probably $200 now....lol

Cats have 9 lives, you have one...Make it count!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team...You WILL believe!

When Hell freezes over, We'll ride there too!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys, i started thinking about that video camera thing...because we already own one. So what exactly do i need...just the TV card so i can play the video through the VCR?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts