Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Digital LED Water Temperature Gauge-INSTALLED

16K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Indy400_88 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed this Digital LED Water Temperature Gauge from DOO TALK? How easy of an install? Does it work well?

http://www.dootalk.com/dtproducts.php

#2 ·
I've heard it takes a total of about 10 minutes. Piece of cake. I found a cheaper place then the seller on DT though.

http://www.speedsolutions.net/?pageid=49499

#3 ·
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]I've heard it takes a total of about 10 minutes. Piece of cake. I found a cheaper place then the seller on DT though.

http://www.speedsolutions.net/?pageid=49499
Is that the exact same thing?

#4 ·
I think so, what a difference in price. I don't want to hammer the guy about it, ya know. It looks the same to me. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so that being said....If you get one let me know what you think of it!

#5 ·
I wonder if this would work on a polaris sled...the blue one would look sweet on my sled!!!

#6 ·
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]I think so, what a difference in price. I don't want to hammer the guy about it, ya know. It looks the same to me. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, so that being said....If you get one let me know what you think of it!
[/quote
I ended up getting the one from DOO-TALK it should be here any day now!! I will let everyone know how it goes putting it in and how it works.

#8 ·
Ive seend this temp guage on my buddy's brand new doo....
Shows LOW temp until she is warm then goes to the numbers, pretty sweet set-up, not sure if it will work for any other brand...

#9 ·
Originally posted by chase73
[br]I emailed him with some questions and he never replied so he may be a little sketchy and its a hotmail account just FYI
Are you a Doo Talk member?

#10 ·
Originally posted by beef300
[br]
Originally posted by chase73
[br]I emailed him with some questions and he never replied so he may be a little sketchy and its a hotmail account just FYI
Are you a Doo Talk member?
I am...

#13 ·
Installed the gauge last night. Very simple to do. Works and looks great. Sorry the picture didn't turn out very well.

[attachment=53156]

Attachments

#14 ·
Looks good, it's on my christmas list!

#15 ·
would it work on a polaris? or is it only for the doo's

#17 ·
Originally posted by supersport17
[br]hello
my speedometer on my 2003 supersport stopped working and i have no idea what could be the problem . any suggestions from anybody? i could really use the help? thanks
Try asking a mod to move this question to the brand specific forum. You will get more of a response form there.

#18 ·
Cool Mod for sure. Almost has that OE look to it. Nice price too.

#19 ·
Originally posted by Curt_Man
[br]Ive seend this temp guage on my buddy's brand new doo....
Shows LOW temp until she is warm then goes to the numbers, pretty sweet set-up, not sure if it will work for any other brand...
I wonder what temperature it will switch from LOW to actual numbers.
I also think if someone wanted it on their non-Doo sled bad enough, there'd be a way to do it.

#20 ·
Absolutly. Thats all you need is a hole saw and the know how of you wiring. I bet it would too.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]
I also think if someone wanted it on their non-Doo sled bad enough, there'd be a way to do it.
I will let you know...bought one for my xcsp

#22 ·
Originally posted by Indy400_88
[br]
The gauge will read low until the Temp. reaches 70 degrees.

#23 ·
Bringing back an old good thread.

The guy 2 spots above me never came back with details on his install.

I just saw this thread

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24593&hl=digital+temperature

You can buy the gauge for 40 bucks, and sender for 15. 55$ plus shipping.

Installing it looks tricky with rectifiers and stuff.

hmmm.. I am thinking about doing something like this to my zrt.

#24 ·
check out mine. It isn't digital but I bought it for $40 and it lights up red at night. I'm happy with it.
[attachment=53993]

Attachments

#26 ·
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]Bringing back an old good thread.

The guy 2 spots above me never came back with details on his install.

I just saw this thread

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24593&hl=digital+temperature

You can buy the gauge for 40 bucks, and sender for 15. 55$ plus shipping.
I have the guage but have not tried to install it yet!I know it wont go where the original went!!(thermostat)
Installing it looks tricky with rectifiers and stuff.

hmmm.. I am thinking about doing something like this to my zrt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.