Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights on my 1997 Polaris Supersport 488 are very dim. They stay dim most of the time, but sometimes while riding they will go back to normal for a bit, but then go back to dim. i have a sneaking suspicion that its the voltage regulator, but wondering what anyone else thinks. While i wiggle them i cant get them to go brighter, and if i rev it up it doesn't seem to make it brighter either. Hoping its just a regulator and not a coil.

My wife has an older 340 sport. Can i put that regulator on it to test it out, or are they different?

Thanks for any help. I am new to this Snowmobile fanatics thing. thanks again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
that happened to me last year and all i had to do was clean up some connections in my wire harness, so try checking them first.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Probably voltage regulator, you should be able to swap them between both those sleds, they should look the same, if so give it a try. Checking all of your connections is also worth the time and piece of mind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is it just your lights or do your guages dim too? i had the same problem this year, my guages and lights all went dim and would turn back to normal sometimes, i changed my voltage regulator and now it works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts