Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this question has probably been asked several times however I haven't been here that long. My 600 xc/sp valves get really filthy and just the other day it took me almost 2 1/2 hours to clean them. My local dealer said I could use amsoil and another polaris rider said no use yamalube. I was thinking of blue marble?? Any insight an what is ok to use I don't want to have to clean them off after every ride. They were just caked with carbon really bad.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey i use amsoil interceptor and it works great for mine they dont get that bad and that oil is made for exhaust valve motors

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use Polaris VES II and have never had a problem. Are they sticking (won't pull top rpm) or just dirty? If they're not sticking I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning them. You do realize that they will get dirty every time you run the sled. The best way to keep them reasonably clean and functioning properly is to burn the carbon off them by working the engine at high rpms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were really heavy with carbon about 1/4 inch on both sides and high end did drop off quite a bit. They were clean at the beginning of the season last year and I wasn't using interceptor amsoil I was told by my dealer that I didn't need the interceptor oil. I thought that sould have been the case. My 500 doesn't need the better oil however my dealer said I could use the base oil in both, guess not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, my personal opinion, run the amsoil... I had a similar problem with alot of carbon buildup... not quite a quarter inch, but anyway, I cleaned them and switched to amsoil... 10 rides later checked them, and they were slightly dirty, but they were clean, and just this fall when i was checking on things i popped one out again, clean as a whistle...

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you were running straight petroleum oil then you would get that carbon build up in a couple hundred miles and it would be that hard to clean off.

I also run Amsoil Interceptor

·
Registered
74 Posts
i used to run polaris ves II it did a pretty good job for normal trail riding. but for harder riding i use ipone oil, and it has worked great.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I run amsoil interceptor, from everyone ive talked 2 its the best, gonna cost u $35 a gallon only bad part, but worth it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts