Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after looking into the Iqr's so much I relized this will most likely be the last year for me snowmobiling a lot and i should probably just stick with my current sled. It's a 03 550supersport and i mainly do ditchbanging, with the occasional trail ride. What could i do to this to improve it in the ditches? I plan on looking on getting a track with bigger lugs, possibly 1.5 or 1.75inch. Otherwise what are some improvements i can make? thank you

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I would suggest track.. skis.. riser block.. new bars?... But then again, if you're getting out of the sport within the next year I would not dump money into the sled because those parts won't gain resale value.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I recommend a 1.5" Camoplast Intense track, A pivoting riser block and crank up your springs, if you have Indy select shocks, turn your shocks clockwise the entire way, they back off 1 full rotation. And set your main springs on the tight position. Maybe set your RSS blocks on high or medium settings. Dont touch FSS blocks. maybe use different gearing, lower as well as some OEM Polaris plastic skis, cheap alternative, float much better than stock metal skis, much lighter as well.

but WHY would you get out snowmobiling?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
my guess is he's not getting out of the sport, he's just going to be away from the sport --> AKA going to college.
believe me, its tough being in prime snow conditions in Duluth but having your sled 160 miles away in the twin cities.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
my guess is he's not getting out of the sport, he's just going to be away from the sport --> AKA going to college.
believe me, its tough being in prime snow conditions in Duluth but having your sled 160 miles away in the twin cities.
I am going to northern michingan, and i already found a lady that will let me store my sled & trailor in her second garage, i have to give her 100 dollars and i can store it for 12 months and all i have to do is renew it every year.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mad-Boondocker said:
Why are u getting out of the sport? if u don't mind me asking
Not getting out of it, but during college it will be hard to which is why i want to update this a bit instead of putting so much into a Iqr that i wouldnt be able to ride alot.

Also yes I am so far planning on getting either some ski's at haydays or just some polaris OEM plastics. Then most likely 1.5track, not sure what pattern/design yet. It has the Fox PS3 shocks which need to be recharged/rebuilt. As for a clutch kit i'm going to look into it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have an 02 super sport 550. GET THE CLUTCH KIT! It makes you like your sled so much more. Then some skis, handelbar setup, maybe a skidplate?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dont mean to hyjack or anything, but where can ya find skid plates for the old wedgies???,have looked all over and now one lists them anymore, can i use the ones for edge chasis? I run alot of ditches and fields and timber, sooo one is very important to me, thanks ya'll!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Holeshot makes them. Otherwise they come stock on a lot of Polaris sleds. I have around a dozen, just from taking them off sleds. Most of the ones that polaris had stock on sleds were pink or purple though. You need to get the right skid plate for your front suspension though, skid plates for xtra-10 have deeper wells that allow the lower radius rod to move through its full range of motion.
Check Holeshot, otherwise search for used ones at haydays/other swap meets. should be $10-$15 at the swaps, they are common there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Polaris Parts, would you have a pink one, i need to put one on the 93Storm. If ya do, either post what ya want for one or PM me please if you got a moment. I have a red one on the RXL already. Thanks and have a great one. Im changing the front and rear to a extra 10. Once again thanks.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
BrianLee said:
Dont mean to hyjack or anything, but where can ya find skid plates for the old wedgies???,have looked all over and now one lists them anymore, can i use the ones for edge chasis? I run alot of ditches and fields and timber, sooo one is very important to me, thanks ya'll!!
I'm pretty sure Dennis kirk still sells them but I could be wrong. Your going to pay like 80 some dollars though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts