Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you are divorced for this addiction and I do say addiction. I am a first time owner and rider of my sleds and man these things are addictive!!! If Im not on this website getting all info I can muster Im out in the garage workin on the sleds tinkering here and there. Now comes the big bang, I made plans with a few couples this weekend for my wife and I to go riding with. She has known this for awhile but brings to my attention today that she has her company Christmas party. So I tell her that I am going sleddin instead and she should come and ditch the party!WOW thats was the wrong thing to say now Im stuck going to the party and shopping afterwards no sledding for me.Should be fun at the party now that my wife hasnt spoke to me all day and has threatened to "either sell them or blow them up"! So what funny mishaps have been brought upon you in the wonderful world of being married![V]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Lots. Mine doesn't talk to me for 4-6 weeks a year. She hates when I "have" to change stuff. She really gets pissed when the "boys" go to haydays to "shop"

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Mine is usually happy to get rid of me for a few hours. She knows better than to ask me to do anything after a fresh snowfall.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I can hardly wait till I get married[B)] If I'm anything like my dad it wont last long anyhow.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
My addiction is balanced out through taking my wife to Florida for spring break. Now I know it's a win win situation but my sledding trip cost a hell of a lot less than that 9 days we spend in Florida!

·
Registered
275 Posts
My wife is actually the one who got me started, so she is very understanding when it comes to riding and sled purchases.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by zoso
[br]Well I am on my second. The current wife is great, she always has a choice, hop on hers and join me with the kid or stay home with the kid. I very rarely take my daughter on the trails by myself as I like the two sleds with her along.Our whole winter revolves around sledding, our time off work is dedicated to the sport, if we are not at work, asleep ,or eating, we are out on the sleds or at a club meeting. We are both on the board of our local club, my idea, I figured make it interesting for her and she will get the addiction side of it. This has worked great. You young guys are most likely going to get married and have a family, make damn sure she is going to like the interests you are into, that does not mean you have to like the interests she is into but guess what, if she is the right women you will. Simpy because she already loves all the same interests you do. God I need snow........................
Very well put on how to keep the little lady happy that is why I bought two sleds![}:)] She enjoys having the sleds other than me just bringing them home after work one day and saying 'oh ya I just bought these'! I know this year we will have alot of rides but man first trip out with everyone come on. I have been out 3 times already but this is with other people to show off and kick back.The 3 times Ive been out was by myself for work and you know ridin by yourself you gotta be some what careful!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Not married, I don't like the idea of having a ball and chain hooked to my ankle.[;)]

Beats getting married and having her take everything you own when a divorce comes-a-knocking.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by arcticcatmatt
[br]I just got done looking at engagement rings :(
Doh![:0]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Wife? Oh yeah, my wife. I wonder what she does think about it, I'll have to start listening to her sometime. hahaha

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
well I have been doing this for years and wont give it up for anybody....the wife thought I was nuts.I took my wife for the first time up to Tower MN and she has been hooked on the sport ever since.Now shes the one looking forward to winter.Life has been much easier since,and I have the nod for a new sled next year.............woohooo

·
Registered
360 Posts
hey my wife is the same way ever since i took her out for the first time a couple years ago she loves the sport just as much as i do every time i want to go out and play in the snow with the guys all she does damn it when can i go if i dont take her she usually wont talk to me for about a day. been married for a little over a year and been good ever since ok for you guys that are about to get married you make the misses un happy you are un happy i bet every guy that is married can say the same thing. i have been on a snowmobile since i was around 5 years old. whats cool about making the misses happy is she is letting me to get a newer sled newer i mean about a 2000 and dont know what kind to get yet. nick

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My wife loves riding...She has her own new sled. If I want to go riding with the guys, she has no problem. When I ride with her, I make it fun fo her and ride at her pace...which is rather agressive for a lady(I am sure I'll catch hell for that one). When we travel, we always get a place with a hot tub...always treat your wife well.

The guys that have the problems come home from work and say, "I'm going out for 6 hours with the guys tonight" and that totally gets the ladies ripped, especially if they are not riders.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well im on the second go around and she new when she came into this relationship that i was a sledhead and she is realy good about it. All year long it is about her and the kids and for the winter i ride every chance i get that is about 15 to 20 time and out of that their is one 4 day trip to revelstoke for the big iron shootout YOU SHOULD ALL GO AT LEAST ONCE it is the best.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Guess I'm lucky- my wife asked for a new FXR Racergirl jacket for christmas! Gotta love that!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts