Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15.68 @ 85 MPH I know that's not blistering speed, but I think it's respectable for a V6 truck. Don't laugh, it's all the thrill that I can afford.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Dabble.. Mostly a bragging rights thing with guys at work.
also run a S10, I have a 90 , been a 325hpV8 truck for 7 years. /snofan/../images/users/gbaronet/truck17.jpg
http://community.webshots.com/user/gbaronetxcr
Just this past year loked at going faster. Few changes for next year, cam, headers and a posi. Best has been a [email protected] Gez spining like a mad man. Trap speed shows promise.
Very repectible time for a V6 btw..

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
nice pro streeter. My girlfriend is going to be building a pro street S10 sometime soon. Well her dad is gonna build it she will pay and drive it. We just put a 305 in my buddy's 90 Chevy Astro minivan. Replaced the 4.3 V6 with a 305. The 4.3 blew a head gasket had to remove the engine to replace it anyawy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey the time you V6 runs is the same as my old 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2. The fastest it went was 15.67 @ 88 mph. Thats with open headers! Through the mufflers it only went 16.00 flat. The first picture is from my local dragstrip, Lebonan Valley Dragway. The other smoking picture is from Englishtown, New Jersey, when I went to Pontiac Day there back in the 80's./snofan/../images/users/maydaze/Mvc-003f.jpg

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
277 Posts
I live in Hagaman, New York. Its about 31 miles west of Albany. Dont blink going through or you might miss it. Population is about 2000. Its just about dead center in NY, just below the Adirondack Park by about 10 miles.

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking Grand Prix, Maydaze. You don't see much of that body style Grand Prix's and older. What's the Grand Prix have in it? I knew mid 15's was relatively respectable, I was running quicker than a 1968 Nova one time I was at the strip.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The old dog has your basic 305 4 barrel small block. Not even a HO, just the base 305. When it was 3 monthes old, I took it to the strip. 17.00 @ 83 mph! What a dog. I put Hooker headers, 1.6:1 aluminum roller rockers, 3.90 gears, accel ignition, hypertech chip, cooler thermostat...you name it. It went 15.67 @ 88. I took everything off except the headers and ignition system and it still went 15.70 @ 87! Go figure. They only made 1228 of these cars in 1986 only. They are all the same color and fully optioned. I bought her new and sadly sold her a few years ago with only 36,000 miles. God I miss that car. But family duty calls and we have to make some sacrifices. Wait till the wife sees my next car..... Ha Ha Ha!!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts