Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to buy a 99 Skidoo MXZ 600 (newer body style) with only 1800 miles. Here are my questions, was this a good sled or did this model have tons of problems? I have ridden Polaris all my life and I hate to leave just for a good deal ($3,000). What should I do? What do you know about this sled? Thanks guys for your help. Pray for snow!!!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I haven't heard of anything wrong with it, but for that kind of price I"d be kind of weary.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
personally i dont know much about that sled but like p-man said for that price i would be weary. If the person selling the sled agrees Take it to a dealer and have them go over the sled to see whats all wrong with it. if there are problems ask the owner to fix it before tyou buy it.

Bobby
My wife said its Her or the sleds........ I'm sure gonna miss her

Stop Inbreeding....... Ban country Music

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
that price doesnt sound to bad, just ppl tryin to get rid of their sleds because of no snow, last year i bought my 99 powder special for around 4000. and since no snow last year either, i can see the prices goin down even more, and my buddy bought a 00 ZRT for around 4500-5000......sleds seem to be goin cheap, but i would still have him take it to the dealer so they can check it out...good luck

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
do you know why he wants to sell it? Health issues, needs money... anthing like that or does he just want to get rid of it. If it were to be money or health that could be why he is selling it cheap.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sometimes a good deal is well, A GOOD DEAL. I have heard of people getting their sleds that are a year old with around 500 miles on them for $2000-3000 less that new. Some of the people in the cities need to get rid of them to make room for the new toy. They ride them once or twice one season when they go to the UP and dump them for the one they ordered in spring. Plus it is summer that is when you can get them a hell of a lot cheaper than winter.

'00' 500 XC SP

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sometimes people just don't know what something is worth. My dad calls about every snowmobile or most items in the paper cause you never know. Someone could be selling say a hemi 426 dart for like $2000 cause its their husbands old car and they need money. You just never know. Maybe ask him if you can take it to the local sled shop and have them give it a look over.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do know the guy fairly well and I also know he just lost his job (downsizing). So the price is justified. I appreciate all the advice and the dealer checkout is a worth it for sure! Let me know if you have any other advice.

Snow will fall on the good and the bad right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts