Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need to summerize my sled if i plan on working on it all summer ?????? need to do some shock work, new reeds and spacers going to put the cylinder temp gauges on with the bender fuel/air screw extender so i plan on running it a little do i still need to summerize it???????

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would recomend putting in some fuel stabilizer... It sure won't hurt.

I think its Snowing!!
1999 Polaris XCR 440

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey sled dog,ya im going to go with some works shocks in the rear end and some olhines in the front,im going to get some of those gauges that show the temp. of all three cyl. not sure what brand yet,and some bender fuel/air screw extenders, what to get some new reed(delta force 2) and some reed spacers and a new track 1 1/4 with some good studs. i messed up at the beginnning of the season and put some cheap studs on and the were shot after the first 1000 miles now i put the triple pipes in and with the added hp. i cant hook up. and im thinking of painting my viper that new liquid silver the rx-1 comes in. the only problem is i have bought a ton of apperance mods that are blue so i think im stuck with blue but maybe a new graphics package. so ya i have some work to do put i love that sled and plan on keeping it for at least a few more years and want it to be like i want it to be , ya know how it is . gotta tinker, plus maybe one more ride this year dout it though im bummed about that but kind of geeked that i can start pullig it apart and finishing it for next year.

smoke it if you got it

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sounds good man. Works shocks good choice. Not sure what my dad is gonna do. Either revalve or new shocks. If he gets new shocks I am telling him to get Works.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If nothing else, wash and clean your sled to prevent rust and corrosion, then grease all the fittings, put stabilizer in the tank, drain carb bowl of old gas, then I put moth balls around to keep the little criters out.

·
Registered
948 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Exjake:
If nothing else, wash and clean your sled to prevent rust and corrosion, then grease all the fittings, put stabilizer in the tank, drain carb bowl of old gas, then I put moth balls around to keep the little criters out.

[/quote]

HAHA! that reminds me of an old joke:

1st Person: Have you ever smelled mothballs?
2nd person: Of course I have.
1st person: Really?!?!? How do you get your nose between their little legs??

LOL

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Administrator
13,095 Posts
LOL @ Bman

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

LOL

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS
[/quote]

Hey is this really appropriate?

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

LOL

Two '94 Indy XLT SKS
[/quote]

Hey is this really appropriate?

It's not how fast you go, but how much fun you are having.

[/quote]

yep, sure is!! LOL

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts