Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a stupid question,just wondering what your experience is on Used Sled Parts? I will be needing some suspension parts and a track for my XLT, right now used parts seem to be everywhere and prices are not too bad, But I have other spring projects that are more important. if I wait till this summer to buy and rebuild the sled will I still be able to find what I need and will prices be any better or higher? mainly track and fox shocks, other stuff is small and minor and can be gotten new if needed.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
My expereince, the farther from winter, the cheaper.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The parts will be fewer and farther between, but cheaper as stated..

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
In my experience, it is the buyers that dry up, not the parts!

I acquire sleds year round, but mostly during the summer (when people realize they don't want their sled sitting around anymore) and early winter (when people crash or blow their motor and realize they don't have the time/money to fix).

But yes, I have to be patient to find cheap sleds because there are fewer for sale than in the winter. The same goes for other used part vendors. Between my dad and I we have an ad on craigslist all year round. Only problem is, a lot of people don't even think about snowmobiling until the snow flies so business is a little slow in the summer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I haven't had to much trouble finding parts during the summer and they are cheaper then anyhow.
I do the same thing running adds on Craigslist for sled parts and used sleds to buy.
I got my ultra spx last fall running with fresh rebuild for $400 and I am thinking of selling it next winter for $1300.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
DoubleClutch said:
I got my ultra spx last fall running with fresh rebuild for $400 and I am thinking of selling it next winter for $1300.
that's the way to do it! buy low, sell high. excellent investing strategy. It's how I'm paying for college!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the parts do not dry up, just the serious finders are getting them. im with everyone else, i search like crazy all summer, prices get better. bought an 97 xlt motor with everything for 250 and sold it on ebay less then 2 months later for 7 and some change plus shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts