Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an f5 firecat snopro with 1.3 inch lugs and i was wondering if i should get picks because i dont get very good traction on ice. i was also wondering if there was a posibility of me hurting my sled with the picks because i like to jump it alot.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
pick will definitly help you get traction on ice and hard packed trails not only that but they make braking much better to,
picks shouldnt hurt your sled just get some tunnel protectors and you should be all set

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Install them properly and make sure you don't overstud or understud. I think your sled has tunnel protectors already but make sure before you stud. Make sure to get studs that are the right length.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'd go with 144 studs @ 1.5 inch length, that would hook up real good, whats the track window length on that? If ya have a clutch kit on it, 192 would be a good number, I have that many, and a clutch kit, and a ported and piped engine, and I still spin the track sometimes.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I would stud the track.The 144,192 and other standard stud appications do not work on Firecats because of the narrower track. Check the stud manufacturers sites for info on studding your Firecat.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Or if you want ones with a lifetime bend or break warranty try here www.sabertraction.com

There is a link to the firecat info on that page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts