Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here wears a tek vest when there riding.

I don't but would like to but there to much money. Does anyone have a cheaper idea that would keep me safe??

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I will be wearing one for water-x next season.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I did most of last season and plan on doing so again this season.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I probably should the way I ride sometimes, but I never have and I don't know anyone who wears one and doesn't race. It's also hard for me to afford one on my college student budget[xx(]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Originally posted by MNSLEDNECK56308
[br]Tek vest, trail pro for me! No price on safety, lots cheaper than medical bills or worse!!! Feel naked without it!
Agree 100%. It and my shinguards have saved me much aggrivation more than once.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]
[br]Tek vest, trail pro for me! No price on safety, lots cheaper than medical bills or worse!!! Feel naked without it!
I'm with both of these guys, broken ribs are much more expensive the a Tek Vest!!!

DW

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I can't afford one and wont beable to for a few years I think. I'm not doing HUGE jumps though so I don't really thinnk its necesary.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wear a vest called B Wear. IMO, higher quality then Tek and a cheaper price to boot! They go for around $250.00.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd
[br]
yup, i feel the same way too. it's part of my layers for keeping warm too.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I got a trail pro last year,its a good investment.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I wear a Tekvest Trail Pro I think. You don't need to be taking huge jumps to have a reason to use one. There are many other dangers like deer, other riders, cars that pull out of driveways, etc. Not only do they offer protection, by I also found that it does a great job at keeping me warm in cold temps. They are pretty thick but not heavy. I think it was an investment just as important as a helmet now.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
by the way, as far as the price. i got mine used for like $130 or something. look around, people sell them and you can get a good deal on one.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by mackinsaw
[br]I can't afford one and wont beable to for a few years I think. I'm not doing HUGE jumps though so I don't really thinnk its necesary.
You could fall off your sled and strike a tree with your ribs. So the size of a jump don't mean squat.
You don't need to be doing jumps to get hurt.

You can get a compression suit from thor for a few hundred dolllars. That is what my brother wears. I don't feel it is a safe as a tek vest but it is something.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I would if my wife would buy me one. duh.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Ive never worn one and dont know of anybody around here that does. If i had one i probably wouldnt wear it anyways.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If I had one I would wear it, but I dont and have no money. Probably some time in the future. I know it ould have saved me from a few injuries. It seems I get hurt on the sled at least once a season in one way or another.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have the Tekvest Supersport. I wouldn't ride without it. You can find them for cheap on eBay.
After seeing my buddy break his back. I decided to buy one. We protect our head, why not our chest and back?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br]Ive never worn one and dont know of anybody around here that does. If i had one i probably wouldnt wear it anyways.

Exactly. I need lots of other things before I fork out a couple hundred for something I probly wont wear anyways. Doesn't it get in the way?

1 - 20 of 149 Posts