Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a suzuki lt 185 in great shape on alaska slist for $600 obo. do they have shocks?

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
There are small shocks in the front that don't do much, and nothing in the rear. They ride pretty stiff. I've had one for years. Good little quad, just outgrew it pretty fast.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would it be a good quad just to mess around on, like when me my dad and brother bring are car to the crcle track we cant fit my blaster in our truck because of all of the tools. a 185 could fit if we turned it sideways in the bed of our truck.

how hard would it be to put a yamaha timberwolf 250 swing arm on it

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I have fun tooling around with mine...it's not something I ride often though. It's easy to do wheelies on, but is also hard on the ass with no suspension if you run across any sort of terrain.

Some other swingarm? Sounds like a task to me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah 0 rear suspension. i wouldnt recommend trail riding but they are fun. My friend had huge tires on the back of his.fun little quad but i def. wouldnt make it your daily rider.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just a cheap fun quad to pull long ass wheelies with frieds and take to some of the riding pits

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I paid $75 for mine and you couldn't kill the damn thing. I bought it not running and missing front plastics, cleaned the carb, changed the oil, and it fired first pull. The fun thing about it was if you were in the top of 5th gear ( 35mph or so ) you could let off for a second, then just lean back and pin it again and you could wheelie forever. The other cool thing was they came with massive tires from the factory, and if you put even bigger ones on you could turn the wheeler into a boat ( not jokingly ). I drove off into a pond to see how far I could go out ( I backed in ). Well, after a while I decided to go forward again, but for some reason I kept going backwards, and the quad was really tippy, so I jumped off to drag it back in. It was over my chest! Although I wouldn't reccomend trying to ride into the middle of a lake, it was still pretty cool.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha that sounds fun!

·
Registered
18 Posts
for the rear suspension on my suzuki 230 i adjust the air in the back tires to softer make a bit of a differnece doesnt bounch side to side so mcuh on rough terrain but helps a bit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts