Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like the subject line says? i don't know of anyone else with one of these 500 triples. i am trying to find some info on them.
can anyone help?[8]

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Is it a Polaris?
I wonder if you mean it's a 580, not 500. I don't know of any XLT 500's.

·
Registered
671 Posts
there wasnt alot of xlt's made in 92. and those were 580's. from what ive seen of them, thery are just like the 93 and 94's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know...i am stumped myself. the dealer told me that it was a 500cc that i bought. he checked my vin # ro verifiy this...i have never heard of one and i can't even find the size stamped on the side of the block. it is a mono block with "xlt" on the head and the carbs look quite small compared to my old 85 indy 600.

the fella at the dealer told me that they were quite rare....i have no clue at this point..i thought that i was buying a 600cc sled.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Its a 580 cc, not a 500. The cab should be black with red an blue graphics. Not many were made in 92. I believe that only a few hundred were made as a late release for some dealers. A good friend of mine had a super rare 92 or 93 XCR 440 triple! They made even less of these and I have only seen one. My friends. If yours is in good shape you'll have a rare sled for showing years from now.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes, MAYDAZE is correct. Someone had one on Ebay about 2 months ago. Wow I would love to see a pic of that XCR 440 Triple!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there anyone here who is a polaris dealer or works at a polaris shop that could check this out for me?? the dealer that i went to was quite certain that what i had was a 500.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
Here is a pic of that 92 xlt 580 that was on ebay awhile back

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks that is what mine looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts