Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 supersport is? i am looking for a sled and found this one with 790 miles, but after talking to people they say it doesnt do much more than 70, and its a 550 fan. does this sound right????

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have an '02 SuperSport. You're right, it is a 550 fan. I'm not sure what the top speed is, but I've had it just over 70. That wasn't it's top speed though. It's a great trail machine. I really like it. Just not great in the deep stuff.

We don't care what you ride. Just ride!
<a href="http://home.gci.net/~sidekick1/snowstart.htm">My Snowmachine Site</a>
'02 550 SuperSport
'02 700 RMK

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Did you keep your supersport as a back up sled? I wish i had 2 brand new sleds.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
162 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by bigwilly:

Did you keep your supersport as a back up sled? I wish i had 2 brand new sleds.[/quote]
I've still got the 550. A friend in planning on buying it eventually. It's a great sled. Light, great handling. Only problem is I want a long track for a lot of the places I ride.

We don't care what you ride. Just ride!
<a href="http://home.gci.net/~sidekick1/snowstart.htm">My Snowmachine Site</a>
'02 550 SuperSport
'02 700 RMK

Edited by - akscrambler on 17 Feb 2002 16:10:34

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
The thing with speedometers is that they can be off by a lot. I had my dad's indy trail up to 85 on the speedo and my friend was beside me and his said 75 so it varies quite a bit.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes...

·
Registered
295 Posts
my friend has a 2000 supersport 550 fan...it does around 85 tops!! So if your lookin for a fast sled u found the wrong one..probably isn't a bad trail riding sled though!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts