Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
what kinda sled are you putting it on? you will have to drill and mount old bracket off of old hood to new hood, make sure all of the same vents are also cut out,

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
n8dayooper said:
its a 2006 arctic cat crossfire. And all the vents are cut out of it.. i really appericiate the help
no problem, hows the quality? i have been thinking about buying one for my iqr from there,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are really flexible and super light.. if you do order one make sure you tell them what kinda cuts u want done on it.. i forgot to tell them i wanted the speedo and headlights cut out so now i gotta do it lol.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
http://www.brtechracing.com/faqs.cfm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some cutting may be required to get a more custom fit from your BRTech hood. This is done with pneumatic tools, or if these aren't readily available to you, a Dremel will do wonders. For more information please read our FAQ's section.

Be sure to wear proper gear before attempting to do any cutting.

Our tools of destruction (from top center, clockwise in to middle): A sanding wheel, a 24 tooth jigsaw blade, de-burring tool, routing bit, and a wheel sander.

With proper gear, you're ready to rock!

A few notes on cutting:
Be sure to sand all cuts to a smooth finish, especially where the hood will contact the sled. Rough edges will cause chaffing which leads to cracking. Make all radiuses no tighter than a regular button for a shirt: NO 90º ANGLES! Sharp angles will lead to cracks. If using rivets, be sure to drill the hood larger than the rivet will expand. LEXAN DOES NOT EXPAND! No harsh chemicals such as brake cleaner, engine degreaser, acetone, paint thinner, or similar products should be used to clean your BR Tech hood. Simple cleaners such as mild soap and water, Windex, Pledge, Plexus, or Novus 1 or 2, are highly recommended. No buffing or rubbing is required.

!!NOTE ON PAINTING!!
Be sure to use ONLY Lexan approved paints. Body paints will cause hoods to become brittle and loose its flexing ability. To read more on paints and painting, use the link below.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for hole cutting on aftermarket hoods i use hole saws, but spin it fast and go easy on the pressure. you have to be carefull useing regulare drill bits as they can crack the hood if near an edge, a dremel with a drill bit looking tool works great. or start small and use several drill bits to get up to size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my brackets on my old hood arent riveted on. Any ideas on where to get new brackets or alternative ideas on how to get this hood on. Also i cant think of anything for the straps any help would be appreciated.. i thought when i ordered this hood that it would just go on there no problems i guess i thought wrong :(.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Can you get a picture of your old brackets on the hood? and where they need to be on the new one? trying to think of how you could mount them on the new hood depending on how they are on your old hood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts