Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sled has?? i have been looking for polaris specs but havent found them anywhere... 2002 xc 500 sp and also whats the hp difference stepping up to a 600?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
My guess is about...

95-100 for the 500

110-120 on the 600 VES.

I am just guessing, so don't quote me here.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
p-man has the stats.....dont know if his site is up yet or not tho

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by confusedguy:
500 ves only makes 100hp at max??

[/quote]

Give or take a couple, yeah, its close. That's alot of HP for a 500. 1 HP per 5 CC's is pretty good. Alot of 600's from the 1990's were only in the 90-100 hp range.......at least mine was. If you don't think that's enough, then work on getting more of the HP to the ground, ie: better clutching. A typical snowmobile with 100 HP at the crank only gets about 50 HP to the track. Clutching will help. IMO.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
My site will not include horsepower specs.

Megaman's numbers are probably very close to what it is though.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
506 Posts
that's alotta power for a 500, are you guys sure on that? my 500SX only puts out 88

not that horsepower has a HUGE impact on rideing, do yer clutching and gearing right and little sleds can eat bigger ones, no problem. My 500 won the 600 multiple pipe class points this year on grass

this is something everyone needs to learn

horsepower IS, what horsepower DOES

for arguments sake tho, my 500 doesn't have a powervalve system, so it's quite possible that the indy has more, and I think the indy's have always been more powerfull, still tho, seems a little high, I woulda guessd 95 or so.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yeah 100 horse is pretty much the average number for dyno reports that I have seen, power valves would help......but then look at the 600 tripple from yami, something like right around a 100 horse on that? WTF

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
now now... no bashing please
(I know u was just kiddin around..)

When my old XCR first came out, it was a 440 and it dynoed at 96 HP. That's a lot for a 440. So the 500 being 100 isn't really that shocking.

Ride the Best!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts