Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey confusedGuy havn't seen you in a while, Check out this topic...

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2796

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Nobody knows what it will be like. Meteorologists can't tell what is going to happen in 6 hours, so just wait and see like everyone else.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
the catipillars are mostly orange so i think we will have lots of snow.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Had a few flurries today in sudbury ontario, minus 3 to night. Wet snow tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
We had 27 deg F in central Maine this morning, the frosts are starting to get heavier as well.

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Had to scrape the car off in the morning again. Brushed the frost off the roof and just laughed as I thought that that would have been a lot of snow last year...

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
HURRY!!! KNOCK ON WOOD!

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
16 Posts
My uncle told me in previous years when a lot of acorns fell from his trees we had a lot of snow. Last year he hardly had to pick up any and this year he had to pick up tons of them, so let's hope his method is right.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
an old wives tale also says (besides the acorn one) that if the leaves that fall off an oak tree are small then it will be a snowless winter, If the leaves that fall off in fall are HUGE look out TONS OF SNOW!! well i dont have any oak trees near my my house otherwise ide check them out. But i asked my dad about the leaves and the snow tale and he agrees with it. They have over 50 oak trees in their yard and he said the last time he saw any REALLY big leaves fall from any of those trees was back in december of 1990 where 22inches of snow fell in 24 hours gusts of winds over 70 mph he remembers that well because he got trapped in the storm 20 minutes from home and it took him 7 hours to travel that normal 20 minute ride

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
That's cool, i've never heard of the acorn or leaf size method. I hope its true because we've got tons of acorns covering the lawn, plus i've noticed the squirrels are moving like mad trying to pick up all that they can. We have an albino squirrel in the area, and it's the coolest looking thing. Completely white!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts