Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what the stock pipe and can looks like on an IQ 600RR. Mine is pretty loud, louder then my 650 was. My boss thinks it's abnoxiously loud. Going by all the monster stickers that were on it and the vforce reeds etc. I'm going to guess it does. I don't have a camers (also why I have no pics of my sled), so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the stock can ad pipe looks like on it. Any markings or anything?

And as for the sled, I am more then happy with it, other then an occational bog that seems to be going away, it is amazing. I raced my boss yesterday. He was on a 99 Grand Touring 800. My sled spit and sputtered for a second off the start then he was ahead of my by about a foot till the end where I was actually starting to pass him then we let off. The thing stands up when I can get it to hook up, and jumps great. (I'll post some pics tomorrow or Saturday)

Also my handwarmers don't work and I don't really know where to start with those.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Stock can looks like a suitcase, and has an aluminum heat shield that has "Polaris" stamped into it.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Wow, lmao!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
myvertxcape said:
Wow, lmao!!!
? ...

Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Stock can looks like a suitcase, and has an aluminum heat shield that has "Polaris" stamped into it.
It's got a small round can, I'll take pics with one of my sisters camera when I can and maybe someone will be able to tell me what is on it.

Also airbox has no foam in it. Gonna guess it was gutted?

·
Registered
208 Posts
The gutted air box could be part of your bog prob idk maby

·
Registered
276 Posts
The 600RR was carbed correct? I believe it's the same 600 engine as what is in my fusion then. So the gutted airbox is a plus for this motor, but when I gutted my airbox I had to bump the jet needle from clip 2 to clip 3. Sounds like you're too lean, my advice would be check the needle position. In the case of the 600 fusions they were lean in the mid range which caused a bog when you snapped the throttle.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
^^^^^Lean engines don't usually bog, they usually run hot and the best that they ever have and then they burn up. And yes his RR has the same motor as your Fusion.

The RR doesn't have a foam for the air box, the tub coming from the airbox should seal up agains the hood when closed.

I can't remember for sure, but I think by 2008 the airboxs are pretty bare bones inside and not much for things to pull out as far as gutting them.

I am guessing your Can is either MBRP or Rumble pack just form the way that your Boss described it. Lots of older people don't like the way they sound because they are so loud. I can tell you more about it once you have pictures of it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
driftpounder said:
^^^^^Lean engines don't usually bog, they usually run hot and the best that they ever have and then they burn up. And yes his RR has the same motor as your Fusion.

The RR doesn't have a foam for the air box, the tub coming from the airbox should seal up agains the hood when closed.

I can't remember for sure, but I think by 2008 the airboxs are pretty bare bones inside and not much for things to pull out as far as gutting them.

I am guessing your Can is either MBRP or Rumble pack just form the way that your Boss described it. Lots of older people don't like the way they sound because they are so loud. I can tell you more about it once you have pictures of it.
Just going from my experience, engine never had the slightest hesitation until I gutted the airbox. After that when I'd blip the throttle it would have a quarter-half second delay then rip. Raising the needle 1 notch completely remedied this. [thumb]

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That's definitely an after-market can.. That open space there next to it, used to hold the suitcase..

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Most definatly a aftermarket. What ever they used to race it, so I would guess the MBRP 4"?

·
Registered
718 Posts
that looks like a mbrp race can

1 - 15 of 15 Posts