Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK some i am installing my clutch kit as we speak and im down to my secondary. When i took it out with the stock guys in there i dont no if i just didnt relize or what. But when a secondary is out of the sled should it have slop in it back and forth? like a twisting motion? I dont remember i doing it when i took it out but i didnt check either. I went and tryed to check on my parts sled but it fells liek they are locked. But it also is bolted in. I have never had a secondary out soo im learning as i go. These thing only look like the go together one way, or am i the only idiot that screwed that up!? HELP QUICK!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
To be honest I had to read your post about 4 times before I had a clue what you are trying to say. It sounds like you are missing the secondary Key. It is a small square rod that is about two inches long, and is about the thickness of a french fry. This fits in the slot inside where your secondary mounts to the jackshaft. Look in your belly pan or on the floor, you may have dropped it.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this it very hard to put to words and explane im bout to make a video to show. But any way I have both Keys ones on the jack shaft and the other on inside the secondary that i think locks to 2 clutches. Im a clutch n00b!. stand by for video.... the clutch is out of the sled while it does this btw.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK the guy on my other forum was right, I didnt have my spring preloaded. Anyway its all fixed now and installed. Thanks for all the tips Guys.[:)]

·
Registered
448 Posts
so how did you solve the problem, what did you do to preload the spring.....spin the helix?
thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts