Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got done adding a boost bottle to my sled.. a lot more work than i thought it was going to be, considering i have never done anything engine/carberator wise before i had no clue what i was doing.. just kind of guessd at what all the parts were that the instructions called to take off or move.. i figured it would be 15 min.. if i knew what i was doing maybe but, no matter i got it done and i feel kinda proud..my next step is a silencer.. then who knows..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i will just keep my 500 and add stuff to it.. i will save lotsa money versus upgrading to a new sled next year.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
interesting but I don't think you will get what you might want from it like that. Not to mess you up or anything but I would bet money you will finish with the 500 and still be wanting more.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Out of curiosity,metal or plastic bottle,{not trying to ruin your fun},but keep a eye on the boots to look for cracking, a few engines have smoked pistons from lean running from the crack boots.also make sure theres nothing rubbing against the plastic bottle,vibrations will were a hole through it, i my self have 4000 mile trouble free with a bottle,but always keep checking this

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a plastic slp, i moved the coolant lines a little outa the way and straped the bottle so its outa the way of the idle adjustment screw.. it looks as if theres nothing it can rub on. all i have to do is play with the fuel a little to make sure its not going to run lean, i already adjusted the idle as soon as i added the bottle the rpm jumped 600 rpm, so i backed it down a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts