Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Well my sledding year has come to a close, and so abbruptly. I was out on the river with my buddy tonight and everythig seemed peachy untill one stretch where i could smell something. We stopped but it was too dark and it wouldn't even shut off, so i went a bit further to get close to a road just in case, but didn't make it to far. We got some light in her and i could see the fan belt broke inside. Now it won't even turn over! So unless anyone knows where to buy cheap motor parts for a 78 kawasaki 440 engine here in Canada, or a used motor, then i guess I'm all finished.

Hope everyone else's year goes better!!!!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I know where there is one in Sudbury for sale. The whole sled, no seat. I'll stop by today, and get a price.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey

I appreciate that a whole bunch!!!!!!! Hope it's still running! Anyone know what other motor might fight in one of these things?????

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sounds like you seized your engine... You could get your engine bored out and get bigger rings and new pistons, or get it honed which is just making the cylinders smooth again, with new rings and pistons... just a suggestion...

-Rob

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Why wouldn't it be worth the $ to rebuild?

honing and new pistons can run less than $500

·
Registered
172 Posts
I rebuilt my Polaris for under $300... $50 per hole to bore out to .020, the rest on pistons, rings & gaskets. That's Alaska prices, typically higher than the rest of the country.

·
Registered
274 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402614982&category=6736

440 Kawaski snow mobile engine brand new
US $330.00

Vehicle Description

I am not sure what year this engine is but it is a brand new Kawaski 440 air cooled twin cyl. Still has factory tags on it and plastic. I beleive all electronics is there. All you should need is a carberator and ex. pipe. I rolled it over and it has compression. This engine has never been run. It still has all the factory tags on it and the card board covering the exahaust ports. See enclosed pictures. I also snapped a pic of the engine id tag. You are responsible for shipping and handling. I will ship from my work we have ups service here but I will need to know the zip code to give you a cost on that. If you have any questions feel free to email me. note: this purchase is as is. email me with any questions.

Vehicle Condition

Brand new

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I don't think i have to bore, it seems like the cylinder walls are pretty good, and smooth. I actually got it to unsieze quite easily once the heads came off. One of the local old sled dealers told me i could get pistons for like $60 a side, but then i have to find gaskets too, and that he said might be difficult. I'm sorta in a financial bind as it is, but i don't know anywhere else in Manitoba to order cheap motor parts. Maybe i might get back out boys!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I found this forum that's right up your alley with the Kawasaki.... found it on google. I'd think these guys would know where to get your hard to find parts for those. Hope this helps.
http://www.forumco.com/kawasakitrax/active.asp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts