Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Well here we are at the end of the season, and we've gotten in lots of riding in this year, and for the first time in my life I can actually say I got enough riding in until next year...although I say that now...I'm sure I'll be on TUSF in June posting withdrawl symtoms, and crying for snow.

Well on to the topic at hand:
My Dad (Old Cheetah), our buddy Jerry and I went on our final ride on Sunday (16th). We went to a rally in Melville, about 1 3/4 hours NE of Regina here in Saskatchewan.
Very nice conditions, 95% of the trail was perfect, and 5% you had to skooch around to get in some snow, but overall a very nice ride.

Before the ride we got talking to a guy about his new RX-1 Mountain and he said his last sled was a tweeked out XC 700 that he had sold without all the goodies, and he was selling them. One item was a Polaris/Camoplast ultra-light 1.25" track for $350.00 with less than 200 miles on it, perfect track upgrade for my 500 XC. After the ride I gave him a deposit and told him to send it to me when he gets the rest.

Here's a pic of us on one of our previous rides:
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/trail.jpg

·
Registered
711 Posts
I got the same track off the internet. The guy who sold it to me took it of his brand new 02 polaris. I got it for $125, yes $125 thats it, what a steal.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I just bought a new track and it cost me $525 delivered and that was $200 less than what they wanted at the local shops. but it was a specific track and I couldn't find any on ebay or other auction sites so I went with a new one. I don't think $350 is that bad of a deal for the track he got. You will like the extra hook up you get on the hard pack and it will work in the powder much better. Not that a 500 short track is a powder sled, but it will work much better off trail.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Skidoo...that is a really good deal,
but I can't complain about 350 CDN, that's 1/2 price in Cana-bucks.

I wanted better cross country traction without added weight and rotating mass, and that's exactly what I got.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts