the sled has the following;
-vforce3 reeds
-the equalizer bottle
-hot seat twin pipes
-high flow air horn intake
-high flow intake kit
-clutch kit (springs & weights)
-121 extended track

i bought the sled from a friend of mine.
last year i rode it first time after the first rebuild ( burnt a hole in the piston )

so got a fresh rebuild entire engine and now its mine,
i keep getting told to run 50:1 in the first 2 tanks of fuel and then i should be fine

i was also told by a friend not to run the sled on the premium setting with out blended fuel in the sled ( im trying to find out what he ment by that and what other people recommend

any and all help would be grateful thanks so much

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Welcome.

Running some extra oil in the gas during a break in is a good idea. You want to make sure the oil pump is working. Mark the bottle, run the sled and check the level again to verify it is injecting as needed. You would also want to verify the marks on the oil pump, making sure it is adjusted properly. There should be an idle mark and a full throttle mark on the pump arm. A little on the heavy side with the oil pump will not be a bad thing.

Hot Seat should have specs available for the jetting with those pipes. With the work done to the sled I see you doing a fair amount of tinkering - it's just how it goes. That said, it should haul the mail quite well. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you haven't come up with a solution or recommendation here is a suggestion. You haven't mentioned what size the main jets are in it. Hole IN PISTON tells me lean burn.
Check what Polaris OEM size mains are and start about 3 sizes larger than what the factory puts in (which are typically rich to start off .

Based on the mods, factory COULD be o.k. Play it save and test and work your way down from oversize till you get a nice light brown burn on the plugs. Record your outside temperature when testing. So you can apply Polaris change in size value per degree of temp/elevation change. IE: if they show a .005 inch change in jet per 10 degrees temp an something similar for 2000 ft elevation change, use those parameters against the jets you have settled on at the elevation and temp you tested at.

Been a long time since I dealt with those Polaris 2 strokes and am going by my "yester year" exposure to piston holes.

Good luck with your sled and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have a 02 POLARIS 800 XC/SP
the sled has the following;
-vforce3 reeds
-the equalizer bottle
-hot seat twin pipes
-high flow air horn intake
-high flow intake kit
-clutch kit (springs & weights)
-121 extended track

i bought the sled from a friend of mine.
last year i rode it first time after the first rebuild ( burnt a hole in the piston )

so got a fresh rebuild entire engine and now its mine,
i keep getting told to run 50:1 in the first 2 tanks of fuel and then i should be fine

i was also told by a friend not to run the sled on the premium setting with out blended fuel in the sled ( im trying to find out what he ment by that and what other people recommend

any and all help would be grateful thanks so much
That's an exact copy of my post??? Did you hijack my post ??? I dont car I no longer have that sled since then up graded to a newer sled. But man I wish I kept my old 800 xc/sp was a super fun ditch banger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts