Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a buddy that just bought a rev with dpm, and we were all trying to figure out exactly what it does, someone said that it changes jetting for altitudes, one said temps, so i've heard a few diff things, can anyone tell me exactly what it does?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Changes jetting automatically for altitude.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dootalk has lots of info on it you can search up. My ho has it so I looked it up. It saves trouble of changing your jets but, from what I read, is basically worthless under 5000 feet. It might save a minor change in jetting in temps (like -10 one weekend to 30 the next), which usually isnt that necessary.

But in the end, your always gonna be running optimaly jetting wise. Pulled the plugs on mine when I first got my sled couple months ago because it looked like they had been in there for awhile, and both were a nice light brown. Exaclty where you want it.

That brings up an interesting thought. Would DPM save you from going through a lot of plugs like you'll normally do??

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
^^^ If you are not jetted right then you could ruin plugs or worse your engine so technically yes it could save plugs, but if you are worried about plugs and are a flat lander and they are burning out constantly it most likely isnt from jetting but something else. Or just makeing sure your jetting is right once a year in most cases will be much more benefical than spending $300 on DPM over a few bucks for two jets.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
DPM compensates for both altitude and temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts