Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Polaris XLT SP 600 (some clutching done) and my friend Lance has a 1995 or 1996 Arctic Cat Cougar 550 (ex-racing sled), my friend danny has a 1993 Arctic Cat EXT Mountain Cat 550, my friend Kyle has a late 90's Arctic Cat ZL 600 bone stock and jered has a 2000 Polaris RMK 700 bone stock. During the Christmas break me, danny, and jered are having a drag race at my cabin on the lake if the weather allows. Then sometime during the break we are having a race in a field close to town with everyone racing. Who will most likly win? I know i can kill the EXT easily because of past races but havent raced any other of the sleds except the Cougar and we only had about a 100m race and my XLT won that one to. But this year Jered got the RMK but hasnt took it out yet (lack of snow and upgrading shocks) and i have never riden with Kyle yet so i dont know how fast the sled is or how well he can controll it. will post results after the race, but the ZL might not be able to go because its his dads sled and doesnt know if he can take it out yet this year.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Most of the time people dont like these "what would win" posts. Its really hard to tell, there are far to many variables depending on machine, conditions, and driver. Its impossible to tell, but with all other things constant I would think the 700, but it depends on length of the drag and gearing also.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think the XLT would win because they are more of the performance sled and those mountain sleds probably don't have a very good top-end.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depnds on the distance and snow. Loose snow the rmk will win. rmk's are good to 90 mph from the fastory.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
How about you just race them and then report back. Then we don't all have to sit here and speculate. And I hate losing sleep over questions like this. The suspense is killing me.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Rmk has the power to win but with such a big track to spin and no studs some of the other sleds that have studs may hook up better and get the hole shot wich is everything in drag racing! If the zl is studded i think it will have a good shot being the newest 600 in the bunch! But really dpends on how long the race is and track condition, snow, ice, grass,packed snow, powder etc.??

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by xcr440
[br]Depnds on the distance and snow. Loose snow the rmk will win. rmk's are good to 90 mph from the fastory.
I had an 01 RMK 700 that went up to about 104 on the speedo. We were racing on Lake of the Woods last year and I was beating an 06 Switchback 600 HO in a 1/4 mile every time. It wasn't a stock Switchback either and my RMK was bone stock. It all depends on the conditions and riders.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
These type of posts are frowned upon on this forum. There are too many variables that change from run to run. The best way to find out is get out there and run them. Then come back and let us know what happened.

This topic is now locked!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.