Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been contemplating purchasing a SLP pipe and can for my Dragon RMK. I was pretty much convinced to go for it and called my friend over at the local dealership to hook one up for me. Good thing i called was suprised with the story i heard. He told me Not to buy that pipe, seeing as how SLP rushed developement and that it doesn't help with the under the cowl heat build up. Seeing as how he walked into their shop that morning to see a 600 RMK sitting in with a SLP pipe on it that burned down the complete wiring harness. Glad i held off and waited.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Alot of guys have run them with out this problem. You really need to wrap the wires with alot of heat tape.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Anytime you modify anything you should be looking for things like abrasion or heat. When i bought my 02 new the first thing i did was open the hood and route / ziptie everything to a good location preventing problems from abrasion. Hoses, wireing etc should be part of your normal maintenece. Take a look to see if stuff is rubbing. The same goes for anything trucks, whatever.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Its not that slp designed the pipe wrong. Its because people don't read the directions. SLP tells you need to do some modifications to your sled before putting the pipe in. like putting the harness on the other side of the hood, trimming some hood/intake plastic and adding heat tape. They had the same problem with the 05, 06 IQ sleds. Don't let this set you off. SLP has a good and reliable product but you just need to follow directions.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I had planned to maybe purchase the pipe/can combo next year, but seeing as how I've never even ridden the sled yet I'll hold off. At least I know what to be prepared for as far as mods go, thanks.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
A friend has an 06 Fusion 700 with the SLP pipe/can combo and is running 135 under the hood consitently with it, no such problems

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Got one on my sled too with no problems. Directions are there for a reason.

·
Registered
700 Posts
nothing is idiot proof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts