Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over in HCS yesterday and got on a topic about the Dragon and F8. The dragon owner and f8 owner were buddies and said that they are basically trading wins with each other. I was wondering how fast the dragon is and now i guess we know. They both have their own little problems, the dragon has a bog but SLP already has the fix for it. They also said that they have already raced bigger sled and wouldnt comment on anything, they were very down to earth so there wont be any crazy artic cat fans or polaris fans getting hyped up. They said that it should be a very interesting year thou. I also was on SLP and their single pipe for the M1000 puts out a CRAZY 23 horse and drops like 20 something pounds! Yikes! So there you have it guys, yes the dragon is fast and is probly this years new f7. SLP's pipe for the dragon is only worth 6HP, I am guessing the f8 should gain more off a single than that thou.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Kinda hard to compare the two sleds, they are in a totally different class, although power figures are nearly identical. As far as I'm concerned Polaris has done and outstanding job with the Dragon, I don't care that its only 140hp and Cat and Doo have 165 hp machines, whatever. The Dragon gets kick ass reviews everywhere and I'm sure Polaris has something up their sleeve for 08.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
The dragon has proven itself good so far,its pretty cool they are comparing it to 800+cc sleds. Now if polaris only made a 800 or bigger motor of that potency they would be leading in there 500-800cc class's again just like they did in 01. [;)]

·
Registered
19 Posts
i would like to see some real world reviews on these single pipes adding 6 hp or more. i saw bunch of people with cans that thought they were adding performance that were actually slowing there sleds down.do polaris sleds respond differently? thanx,as a new polaris owner i would like to learn what really works.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
that 23 hp gain sounds great. but I would like to see real world gains. how it runs on the ground and not the dyno.

I sell slp pipes as well as aaen. on some models there hp claims are very different. with slp almost doubling the hp claim. but clutching changes and real world gains are almost equal.. with the slps being a little more fussy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts