Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping someone could tell me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sleeves look good,I imagine its part of the pistons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
Dude, that's fine!!! Run it!!! (just kidding)

WTF did that? Jug doesn't look damaged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The good side was golden brown and the bad side was darker....on the black side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,671 Posts
Looks like Ryan is back to the trusty 500!!!!
That really sucks. Looks like a lot of detonating to me. Check seals???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any body good at rebuilding motors?Grease?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,987 Posts
Was there any anti-freeze in the pipe when you took it off?

Wat were your indications that something was wrong? Det light? Did it quit? Run rough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,671 Posts
Give it to madcow. He will figure out a way to put a 3 ton triple in it for you.[:D][Disappointed][xx(]
Seriously. you should be able to do it yourself if the jugs are good. Can't run em wide open in powder, have to blip the throttle a bit. The more I look at the pics, I would say too much snow ingestion into the carbs. Are there pre filters on the intake foam?? Either way, that sucks for you and Ryan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
Dragon is fuel injected. I'd have that crank inspected and see how the bearings are. motor looks identical to my sks when the PTO bearing went.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ryan and I will pull the motor and try to get it fixed before the Fanatics ride but Wiesco pistons are back ordered....at least 30 days before we can get them.And the cylinder wall looks to have small hole in it.....do they have decompression holes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,671 Posts
MX86 said:
Dragon is fuel injected. I'd have that crank inspected and see how the bearings are. motor looks identical to my sks when the PTO bearing went.
Doesn't mattered if it's fuel injected or not. You suck in a bunch of snow all at once, it's going to to a cold seize instantly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,104 Posts
SPI Pistons is what i would recommend Glen

greasemonkey said:
MX86 said:
Dragon is fuel injected. I'd have that crank inspected and see how the bearings are. motor looks identical to my sks when the PTO bearing went.
Doesn't mattered if it's fuel injected or not. You suck in a bunch of snow all at once, it's going to to a cold seize instantly.
Doesn't look to be seized grease. only scratch mark i can see from the pics is the pto side of the cylinder wall were you can see the debris. I bet if he pulls the cylinder the skirt is broken into pieces. and i bet the cylinder comes off pretty easily as i doubt it is actually seized.

My 2 cents anyways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,731 Posts
Rock said:
And the cylinder wall looks to have small hole in it.....do they have decompression holes?
I'm guessing the small hole is the breather valve for the VES. Is this the whole at the front side of the motor, just a little above the exhaust port?
 
1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Top