Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to ride my new Dragon yesterday. Runs great.Polaris did something to the clutch. Smoothest and most positive engagement I have ever seen with any machine that I have had experience with. I do not like the handle bars though, I will be changing them for straight bars.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
nice. the Dragon kicks ass.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Nice sled. Dragons are fun and once it is fully broken in you will find it to be extremely responsive and fast.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Sweet. My guess is the tolerance, they probably tightened everything up to work as close as possible to improve performance. Something we can all do with a little work on our side with our "older" equipment.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Dragon has the best STOCK clutching I have seen since my 2002 Edge 700. I am impressed! There is always room for improvement, but non the less, the factory did a good job. I did notice that the primary belt to sheave clearance was a bit off. I measured it at .045 (when I had 160 miles on the belt), where it should be in the .025" - .030" range. My dealer told me they had problems shimming it, so Polaris is sending me a new clutch. The dealer is also doing the fuel filter and return line Bulletin update, to cure the throttle hesitation problems the Dragons have. So far with just under 500 miles on it, I am impressed with how it handles and performs. [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts