Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the Polaris Dragons will regain the top spot in the mountain class this year?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I think the only real competition would be the Ski-Doo XR-S 800 or the M1000. Other than that, I'm not counting chickens before they are hatched but the Dragon 700 is one wicked sled and I haven't heard a single negative review on it from the mountain guys who have gotten them so far.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Darin, I expect a full ride report with pictures tonight. [:)]

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
They will be good and easily beat older 7-900cc sleds. But this is a strong year for Cat and Doo also. The M8 and 800r will still take the Dragon. Summit 1000 and M1000 are both in a different league. I look forward to seeing how much better they are than my M7 this year.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
No doubt the 1000 CC class sleds will be too much to handle for the Dragon, but I just don't see a stock M8 as being anything "too serious" in terms of competition for the Dragon. Most of the Dragons coming off the line are putting out more than the stated 140 HP (on the manufacturers dyno) which gives it a pretty good power to weight ratio over the M8. The 800r is another story. It will be a very good battle between all three sleds, especially since mountain conditions are different than the dyno room.

On another note, I can't wait to see how my friends' 121" dragon performs once it comes in.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
The 121" Dragons are gonna be the new F7. I expect to see a lot of arguments on all forums this year regarding the Dragon. I think the 121" will easily take on other 800's. F8 should be able to do well against it. The Apex/Attack should also be a nice fight. I really hope the couple Dragons sold here show up at the races so i can see how i do against them.

Either way its gonna be a great year for sleds. You really cant go wrong with any sled for MY 07.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Here's a good review from a guy on Snowest who owns both the Dragon 700 as well as the XR-S 800r.

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=291245&enterthread=y

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
definitely a interesting read, great find erick

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I read Freaks post earlier today and its seems like a great review. Hopefully he'll have some videos of them side by side.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Maybe its just me but from what ive been reading in all the magazines the dragon should be a sweet ride, but.. they all seem to prefer the m8 the best. Even over the m1000. with the doo xr-s
800 being a very close second to the cat. Then again its only the begining of the season and plenty of time for them to change their minds.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Originally posted by erick
[br]Darin, I expect a full ride report with pictures tonight. [:)]
Man,
I wish. I got so bombed with orders today that there will be no riding of the new Dragon til Saturday.

Now let me cry my self to sleep in my beer over this tonight..... lol

I am raising the bars and putting on all my Gravity Worx Parts tonight though [:)]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See my post in the mountain riding forum about my dragon ride on Sunday
Originally posted by erick
[br]Darin, I expect a full ride report with pictures tonight. [:)]

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine as is out of the box jetted and clutched for flat land hauls ass! i lined up with a F7 and left him behind! simply is nuts took it out fora quick burp yesterday afternoon!

·
Registered
123 Posts
my buddys dad bought a brand new 1000 and they are junk my 600 keeps up no problem on trail threw feild so i dont know if i have a crazy fast 6 or the 1000 are just slower but threw the mountains they would have lots of torque but i know guys wiht drago nad they say they give them a good run for theri money

1 - 17 of 17 Posts