Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 mxz and i need to drain the chain case and the antifreeze. anyone know where the drain plugs for these fluids are, or do i just need to pull the cover and hoses to drain this stuff?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
you might try looking under the belly pan on the side with the chain case, at some point ski doo started putting a drain plug in the chain case, a friends 2000 mxz has the drain. I'm not sure if the 99 does or not. my old 96 didn't have. as far as the coolant goes, I'm not real sure if there is a drain for that, I've always just unhooked a hose and drained into a bucket or small bowl then transfered to a bucket. If you don't have a drain plug for the chain case see if you can get your hands on a gear lube suction gun to pull all the chain case oil out so that you don't have as big of a mess. just my .02

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i refilld my chain lube after draining it and it only took 8oz. (according to the bottle) to fill it dose that sound right?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Sounds about right, buy you should check your manual for specs.

One thing I do when changing chaincase oil on my chaincase which doesn't have a drain is to tip the sled over on it's side and remove the cover, then use a tool like rev500ss says. I figure if I'm gonna be changing the oil, might as well take a look at the gears and chain, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts