Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the fuel tank on my sled needs to be drained whenever I am going to be trailering it on a long trip. Apperently fuel can get into the cauberator from being bounced around on the trailer. Any truth to this? Does anyone else drain thier fuel before putting thier sled on a trailer?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Doesn't your sled have a fuel shut off? I have never drained my tank or heard of anyone doing that. If you shut the fuel cock off no fuel can get to the carbs anyway.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
And if this problem is occuring you have bad needles and seats generally. I have trailered sleds 4-5 hours at a time and never had any issue like that unless the needles and seats were bad.

·
Registered
281 Posts
As stated,turn your fuel valve off.Some will flood because of weak needle and seats.Changed mine too the vitron ones and never had it happen again.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Our sleds can be in the trailer for up to 14 hours on trips out west and none of us ever have had a problem with it!!

JM2
DW

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got in the habit of turning of the fuel on sled everytime I trailer it. I had problems in the past with flooding it while trailering. Ever since I got the carbs rebuilt, I haven't had a problem. I figure it can't hurt to shut off the fuel, so why not.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
well heck i usually put mine on a trailer shut the gas off while its still running ,then right before it starts sputtering shut it off

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I usually trailer with less than 1/4 tank. No need to haul the extra weight. I never shut the fuel off either.

I always had a pain to start with it shut off versus left on.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i just shut mine off whenever in a trailer or a truck.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
i live on a farm, hell why trailer :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts