Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The retain bolt for the drive clutch, rear, fell out. Cluch can be moved by hand, in and out. What should I be looking at? Is this a problem? Haven't foudn the bolt yet, hopefully there. No idea how long its been this way. 400 miles since I greased it last.

I lifted up on the jackshaft it seems solid. But the sled is jacked up. need to put it on the gorund and try again.

Was leaving tomorrow. Hopefully do some riding next week. Belt looks ok, I got a spare.

Should I be concerned? Put another bolt on and go?
Not sure if I will find it. Dealer by me carrys nothing. May loud it up as is and try to find a bolt at the next dealer I see.

Thanks for help.

2000 indy triumph

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I would assume you are talking about the driven clutch not the drive clutch. The driven is the rear clutch. The bolt is simply a 5/16" 18 about 1 1/4" long. Any hardware store or auto parts store will have one. You probably didnt do any damage but you might have lost your spacer that belongs inside the hole there is also a big and small washer too. Order is spacer then bigger washer then smaller washer then bolt. When you put it back together you should have some in and out play after tightening that bolt too, about 1/32" is fine even more up to 1/8" is fine too.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant driven. So far have not found anything, other then pieces of belts and sprak plug tips. Not alot of hope. Polaris parts manual only gives part #s. Any guess on spacer or washer?
I am going to try dealer by me. They carry artic cat and polaris, and honda and kawaski. They carry to much and not good at anything. Is this spacer set up used on all p85s? Yamaha dealer seems to carry parts. Would they know what it is? Its hard to get other parts when you don't have the old one.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The bolt, spacers and washers are pretty common, you should be able to find them. You did check to see if that the bolt wasn't broken off, right??
That bolt snaps easily,have seen a couple of people break them. the torque spec is 15 ft. lbs.

Start calling dealers, go to Polaris site and go to dealer search, then put in your zip code.
It will give you a list and how far away they are.

By the way, where are you going riding?/
There isn't squat for snow in the UP now, but possibly a foot by tomorrow in western UP.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
bolt part number 7515301
big washer 7555701
small washer 7555734
spacer 5020291
them are the polaris part numbers

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the part #s. The spacer is a differant #. None of the dealers around here had the spacer. I got one out of town and somebody picking it up.

Dumb question here. I have no freepay on the clutch, in and out. When I put washer inside of hole, the clutch just pulled off. So I put big washer over clutch and then bolt hold clutch on.

It looks like the only thing sticking out is the jackshaft. So I am I missing more spacers or bearing? Only thing I can remember is the bolt with the spacers and washer that bolted into jack shaft. But something else has to go there so it can slide in and out.

Looking at the parts manmaul I am not sure. Will take another look at the service manual.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at service manual, it looks like the driven cluthc comes right off the shaft. Remove retain bolt, with spacer and washer and pull off. Says may need puller. But riding with bolt probably loosened it.

Should I put enough washers in it so the big one that is going over the opening to the clutch, does not sit on clutch?

Going back out to barn.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the clutch off and inspected. Keyway seems ok. Little bit of pain getting back on. My theory is the spacer must prevent the big washer from coming in contact with face of the clutch, just a small amount.

·
Registered
256 Posts
http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1166839845-66678&P=SM-2002-700-XC-SP-DRIVE-TRAIN
Maybe this will help,Theres washers behind the clutch to get it aligned with primary & a spacer in front that goes inside then washers to get the right free play like was described.If its tight then to many washers or not long anof spacer they have a couple listed for my sled.

heres your sled
http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N=1166839845-66678&P=SM-2000-600-TRIUMPH-DRIVE-TRAIN

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you need to use an alignment tool to help shim the clutch in or out. there should be 1/16 to 1/8 in and out play. make sure the back of the clutch wont hit the bearing bolts.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no in and out play. Did they give me the right spacers? Did about 400 miles like this. Could I have cause damage? IS there something to check, or do I have to reordr spacers and try again? They don't give you spacer thickness, so don't know if I have the right ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts