Snowmobile Fanatics banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
20081026135141701_23143.jpg

This is all that was left of the bearing in my ZR 440. A new bearing was 30 dollars and that was for a Timkin bearing. My new speedo key was 4 bucks. The bearing collar was stuck on the shaft still so I just used a standard 3 jaw puller and pulled it right off

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the only thing I had left of my bearing was half of the outer race and the inner race froze on. No seals or balls. lol where can i get a new key?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Funny this happens to you...dad lost the speedo on his '93 Jag deluxe last spring, but didn't ride it the rest of the year, bearing is SHOT. So...sounds like a pretty common problem with these sleds.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Any cat dealer should be able to order a new key or even have on in stock. Arctic cats are known for this problem.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well ill have to order one then. yeah I know alot of arctic cats in general that had this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the brakes replaced without driveshaft removal.but now i worry the bearing seal.

i have been here before and knew what i was getting into.with that said.my driveshaft will not come out of the chaincase!feel like i am missing something but cant put my finger on it.i have been through my beloved 92 rxl stem to stern. it finally needs brakes so here i am.i have stuck the bolt in and tapped it (semihard) used peice of oak,wont pop out! am i really going to have to remove that pita snap ring?HELP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where are you buying your spare parts from? I am from Amsterdam, Amsterdam webcam here. And I failed to find a proper resource locally. So I need to increase the geography of my search. I think it is not a problem to order spare parts from other counties until the delivery is affordable. And post costs can be roughly estimates with the approximate weight and volume of the parcel, right?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts