Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i change out my drive wheels on my 92 wildcat 700? i ask this because the ones that are on it skip like crazy. can i just press off the wheels and flip them so they ride on the opposite side?
thanks Colton[8]

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Are you sure your track just isn't tight enough? Should sag 1/4 inch with 10 lbs hanging on the center of the track.

As far as flipping them, are there not 2 rows of lugs on the track per wheel? Seems like there should be, but it's been a long time since I have looked.

If so, then no you can't flip them.

Better off just replacing them.

I've never done it, but I believe the drives have locking collars on them or just a hex key olding them to the shaft. Loosen them and slide off, once you get the shaft out that is.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Are you sure your track just isn't tight enough? Should sag 1/4 inch with 10 lbs hanging on the center of the track.

As far as flipping them, are there not 2 rows of lugs on the track per wheel? Seems like there should be, but it's been a long time since I have looked.

If so, then no you can't flip them.

Better off just replacing them.

I've never done it, but I believe the drives have locking collars on them or just a hex key olding them to the shaft. Loosen them and slide off, once you get the shaft out that is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ust loosened my track from cock stiff to just right and im preety sure that its not to loose beacause the whheels looke well worn. but i sould repace insead of fliping them the eh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts