Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 MXZ 550 fan in the ZX chassis and don't seam to have any luck buying the right belt for it.
Last year the local SkiDoo Dealer sold me a (high performance belt) for it that I don't think is right for my sled.PN 417300152 its wider than the stock belt PN 415-0606-00 and seams to be of a very hard material (woried about clutch wear).
so this year I went to Royal distributing and wanting a little more performance from the drivebelt I bought a Carlisle PN 138-4332U3 and I am still not satisfied that this is the correct belt for my machine.The overall length measures 1/4 to 1/2" shorter than the 415-0606-00, the width being the same Their catalogue lists MXZ 550 from 2003 to 2006 but this sounds like the REV chassis to me, my Skidoo shop manual lists the Legend and Mxz as having the same PN 415-0606-00 both machines being of the ZX chassis.
Anyone that can shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated[?]

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The best belts are the OEM belts from a Doo dealer, a belt wears out the clutch!! never head of this ever happening. Just besure you are giving the dealer the proper year and model so they give you the right belt

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the response Team NFG I have been busy fixing sleds so no time to get on the internet.
Using a harder compound belt is like upgrading the brake pads to ceramic on your tow vehicle they work better but because of the added friction they cause more wear on the maiting parts.
That was my concern, and I did give all the nessesary info to the dealer but I am just not satisfied that they gave me the proper belt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts